Domestic Home Owners
The term(s) ‘Quod Homes or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website whose registered office is Quod Group Ltd, 85 Great Portland Street, London, W1W 7LT. Our company registration number is 11315364. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trademarks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, we use Ombudsman Services Ltd for dispute resolution.
Payment of Accounts:
- All prices which are provided inclusive of VAT are at the standard rate in force at the time.
- Full payment is due upon completion of the works. On orders over £2000 the following payment terms will apply: 25% prior to commencement, 50% half way through the project, remainder on completion. Contracts over £5000 will require additional interim payments.
- In the case of late payment, Quod Homes reserves the right to charge a small administration charge, plus interest at a rate of 3% per month on the balance outstanding. Until payment is made in full, title to goods shall be retained by Quod Homes. Until payment has been made in full, the Customer grants Quod Homes, its agents and employees an irrevocable licence at any time to enter any premises where the equipment is or may be stored in order to remove it.
- We reserve the right to submit interim invoices to the value of work undertaken at that date.
- If your monies are being held on a retention basis we must be informed in writing when instructed to commence work.
- Where Quod Homes is prevented from completing the work for reasons beyond Quod Homes’s control, Quod Homes reserves the right to invoice for the works carried out to that point.
- In the case of cancellation, Quod Homes reserves the right to charge an administration fee for work incurred. Quod Homes will also make a charge for any goods/services which have been ordered in advance. Materials which can be returned are not chargeable less any re-stocking charges that may apply.
- Quod Homes reserves the right to charge for any loss or expense incurred through disruption or delay to the progress of work caused either directly or indirectly by the actions of tradesmen or others not in employment of Quod Homes.
- Payment complaints must be notified within 7 days of receipt of an invoice.
Conditions to be undertaken by the Customer/Occupier
- The Customer shall provide a safe supply of electricity and water when necessary.
- In all circumstances, items of fittings and furnishings likely to be damaged during work should be removed from the vicinity or protected by the Customer to prevent damage by dust impregnation as Quod Homes cannot accept responsibility for damage to such items. Any items remaining shall be the sole responsibility of the Customer.
- The position of any concealed services should be clearly marked out by the Customer as we cannot accept responsibility for accidental damage to such items if they are hidden from view.
- We cannot be held responsible for any minor and unforeseeable damage caused to the house during our work.
- The Customer shall be responsible for any costs associated with planning or building regulations approval, structural calculations or any professional costs that may be incurred during the execution of the works. It is the customer’s legal responsibility to ensure that the necessary permissions and certification for any works are secured, unless we have agreed the project as a design and build. In the case of building works Quod Homes will apply for building regulation approval on behalf of the customer, the cost of which is not included in the quotation, unless the quote specifies that this is included.
The “Start Date” given on the contract is an estimate only as it may be affected by factors beyond our control and it is given to the best of Quod Homes’ knowledge at the time. The Customer will be notified as early as possible of any necessary alteration to the start date together with the reason.
- Any salvage value of existing materials (such as copper, lead, scrap metal) has been taken in to account when calculating the quotation.
- The Customer has a period of 28 days to accept a written quotation, after which Quod Homes reserves the right to amend the specification and associated costs. The Customer will always be notified in writing of such amendments.
- If the Customer wishes to cancel the contract, the Customer must inform Quod Homes in writing within 14 days of signing the contract. Clients are entitled to a 14 day cooling off period during which no costs are incurred.
- Where the Customer agrees that works are to commence within 14 days of the signing of the quotation and subsequently cancels the order the Company reserves the right to apply Condition 7 of Payment Of Accounts above.
- Please note that the enclosed quotation is based on carrying out the works during normal working hours (Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays) unless otherwise stated. Should the Customer request work to be carried out outside of these hours, Quod Homes reserves the right to charge an additional premium.
- Quod Homes reserves the right to change the specifications at any time with a specification equal to or better than the original, subject to changes in technique, improvements in materials or in cases where a change might be found necessary during the course of work. Should the specifications be changed in any way, the Customer will still receive the same level of quality and finished product which has been contracted for. Any specification changes as specified by the customer will be notified to the customer prior to any changes.
- If unforeseen works are revealed the Customer will be notified immediately and a further quotation provided as necessary.
- Quod Homes will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under these Terms that is caused by events outside our reasonable control (“Force Majeure Event”). A Force Majeure Event includes any act, event, non-occurrence, omission or accident beyond our reasonable control and includes, but without being limited to, the following: (a) a delay in or impossibility to source materials (whether or not at a reasonable price); (b) strikes or other industrial action; (c) a threat of or terrorist attack and related events; (d) natural disaster or such events affecting performance; (e) adverse weather conditions; or (f) impossibility of the use of the transport network (whether in the UK or abroad). Our obligations under these Terms shall be suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure Event, and we will have an extension of time to perform the obligations for the duration of that period. We will endeavour to take all reasonable steps to bring the Force Majeure Event to a close or to find a solution by which our obligations can be performed despite the Force Majeure Event. If the Force Majeure Event continues for a period of 6 months, either party will be able to terminate the contract without liability to the other.
- Inclement weather conditions: Whilst Quod Homes will take all due care and will take every reasonable precaution to protect the property from adverse weather during the contracted period of works, if weather conditions change dramatically whilst work is being undertaken Quod Homes shall not be held liable for any loss or damage caused directly or indirectly.
- Upon discovering possible hazardous material, all work will stop and our findings reported to you. With your consent we will arrange for specialist testing and disposal to comply with legal recommendations, extra costs will be quoted as variations.
- All structural works are guaranteed for 10 years only, unless otherwise stated.
- IMPORTANT: Exclusion clause relating to chimney work. Because of the manner in which chimneys are constructed, we are unable to provide any guarantee that work done to chimneys (including, but not limited to, re-pointing, re-rendering, and work around the chimney stack) will prevent some water infiltration. This is due to the fact that chimneys are built of porous brick / stone and mortar which, after sufficient water saturation, over time acts as a sponge and through capillary action and gravity allow water to run down the internal flue and manifest itself by way of damp in internal rooms. We will always ensure and guarantee that our work will be undertaken to a reasonable and satisfactory standard in line with our legal obligations to you, but cannot guarantee that the work will prevent water penetration through this cause. Please note that this does not affect your statutory legal rights On any job which requires any kind of chimney work, we advise upon completion of our work you (the customer) arranges for a gas inspection to be done by a registered gas safe fitter, as we can’t be held responsible for any debris which might be dislodged on the inner flue lining.
- When calculating heat loss/U Values we use RDSAP which produce an estimate only.
- Any report provided is for the benefit and use of the addressee only. Quod Homes cannot accept responsibility or liability for our survey or of such report, to any other company or person. On no account must it be duplicated or copied in whole or in part without Quod Homes’ express authority.
- If any court or competent authority decides that any of the provisions or any part of a provision of these Terms are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the term or the part of the term will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining terms, which will continue to be valid to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- A person who is not party to these Terms shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
- These Terms shall be governed by English law and we both agree to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. Quod Homes does not accept orders from addresses outside the UK.
- Where we cannot resolve any complaints using our own complaints procedure, we use Dispute Resolution Ombudsman for dispute resolution. In the unlikely event of a complaint arising and you wish to refer the complaint to them please contact 0333 241 3209 or via their website disputeresolutionombudsman.org
- As each job/build/extension/renovation is different with different customer requirements, our contract, used also by the FMB and its Terms & Conditions will apply and supersede the above if it has been used, this will be the contract signed by you on agreeing the job.